Structural issues are crucial.
The construction of transformative peace implies an active, living process which seeks the transformation of the models which violate the Rights of the Peoples.
Peace is a process. It allows the whole society to debate buen vivir (wellbeing); use and access to land; the issue of natural resources, justice and equality, and participative forms of government.
It is necessary to have a short, medium and long term plan which includes:
– The demilitarisation of Colombian territories
– Construction of alternative development plans
– Strengthening of communities’ ‘dignified life plans’ via non-violent strategies
– Participative action of the Colombian people including peaceful actions and mobilisations, people’s forums, popular education
– Addressing the historical demands of the social movement
– Hearing the voice of the victims of the armed and social conflict to ensure truth, justice and comprehensive reparation.